13 things you might not know about Giannis Antetokounmpo
Giannis Antetokounmpo has drawn the attention of all NBA fans with yet another stellar start to the season and HoopsHype lists out 13 things you might not know about the Greek Freak.
Watch LIVE GREEK TV including full GREEK SPORTS coverage from AGONASport.com!
- His hands are 12 inches long (30.48 centimeters), almost three inches more than Lebron James’ hands.
- Back in the day, he sold watches, toys, bags, and sunglasses so his family could make ends meet.
- He never played for a first division team in Europe; Filathlitikos, his Greek Club, was in the second division when he played there and were relegated to the third division right after Antetokounmpo left for the NBA.
- Before entering the NBA draft, he had a deal in place with Zaragoza in the Spanish ACB League. The deal would have paid him $325,000 over three seasons, according to the New York Times.
- He received his Greek passport only one month before the 2013 NBA draft.
- He was the youngest player in the NBA during his rookie season.
- He grew two inches his first year in the league.
- He often saves negative comments as screenshots on his phone.
- He had a smoothie for the first time in 2014 and he loved it.
- His brother, Thanasis, plays for Panathinaikos in Greece.
- He likes the Greek Freak nickname.
- He is on record saying he will never leave Milwaukee until a championships level team is built there.
- He plans on returning to Greek pro basketball when he is 40.
Do not forget to cast your vote for Giannis Antetokounmpo for the 2018 NBA All-Star game. Learn how to vote for Giannis Antetokounmpo on AGONAsport.com.