- Skibbe’s First Call-Ups for the New Ethniki -
Michael Skibbe has announced the 23-man roster for Greece’s upcoming friendly against the Netherlands and the first World Cup qualifying match against Gibraltar. There are no surprises in Skibbe’s call-ups.
After a tragic UEFA Euro 2016 Qualifying campaign that saw Greece finish last in Group F behind teams like the Faroe Islands and Finland, Michael Skibbe is determined to bring Greece back on the big stage by qualifying for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Greece’s final test before their first qualifier will be in Eindhoven against international giants, the Netherlands. The friendly will take place on September 1st at 2:45 PM. Five days later, Greece will travel to play Gibraltar for their first World Cup qualifier.
Greek National Team coach Michael Skibbe announced the 23-man roster for Greece’s upcoming games. There were no surprises to his call-ups with Panagiotis Glykos, Kyriakos Papadopoulos, and Thanasis Petsos returning to the team. In comparison to the two friendlies against Australia, Vangelis Moras, Lazaros Christodoulopoulos, Panagiotis Tachtsidis, Christos Aravidis, Thanasis Papazoglou, Michalis Boukouvalas, and Dimitris Siovas (injured) were not called up.
greece's 23 man roster
- Goalkeepers: Karnezis, Kapino, Glykos
- Defenders: Oikonomou, Papastathopoulos, Stafylidis, Tzavellas, Torosidis, Cholebas, Manolas, K. Papadopoulos
- Midfielders: Maniatis, Mandalos, Samaris, Tziolis, Gianniotas, Fortounis, Petsos
- Forwards: Vellios, Diamantakos, Karelis, Mitroglou, Bakasetas