Historic Cap for Tasos Donis
On Friday, Tasos Donis made his first appearance for Greece and became the sixth father/son combo to play for the national team.
WATCH Greek Sports and much more from any device with LIVE GREEK TV from AGONAsport! Details and purchase here…
It was a historical day for the Donis family and the Greek national team as Tasos Donis followed the footsteps of his father, Georgios, to wear the Galanolefk jersey. The 20-year old made his first appearance for the Ethniki coming on in the second half for an injured Tasos Bakasetas in Friday’s World Cup qualifier away to Bosnia.
Tasos Donis’ father, Georgios Donis, played for the national team from 1991-1997, making 24 appearances while scoring 5 goals. Five other sons have followed the footsteps of their fathers to the national team before Donis added his name to this distinct list on Friday to become the sixth player to do so. After his inviting display against Bosnia, Skibbe is likely to re-call up the youngster for Greece’s upcoming qualifiers.
Below is a list of all the fathers and sons that have played for the Greek national team.
1. Thanasis Saravakos (3 app.)/ Dimitris Saravakos (78 app, 22 goals)
2. Nikos Kousoulakis (1 app)/Vaggelis Kousoulakis (15 app, 1 goal)
3. Anthimos Kapsis (35 app)/Michalis Kapsis (36 app, 1 goal)
4. Giannis Samaras (16 app, 1 goal)/Georgios Samaras (81 app, 9 goals)
5. Danil Papadopoulos (5 app)/Giannis Papadopoulos (1 app)
6. Georgios Donis (24 app, 5 goals)/Tasos Donis (1 app)