Retsos Amongst World’s Highest-Valued Youngsters
Bayer Leverkusen and Greek international defender Panagiotis Retsos has recently been named one of the world’s highest-valued young talents. Transfermarkt.com unveiled their Top 10 players under the age of 20 who have currently have the highest transfer market value.
It’s no surprise that PSG’s Kylian Mbappe figures at the top of the list with a market value of €90 million. For Greek supporters though, there will be joy in seeing that Retsos comes in 7th on the list with a market value of €12 million.
The 19-year-old former Olympiacos youngster moved from Piraeus to Leverkusen this past summer for a fee of €22 million. Since then, Retsos has succeeded in nailing down a consistent starting place in the team and has produced some fine performances thus far.
Below is the Top 10 Worldwide Market Value For Players Under 20
- Kylian Mbappe (PSG/France) €90 million
- Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund/USA) €45 million
- Gianluigi Donnarumma (AC Milan/Italy) €25 million
- Marcus Rashford (Manchester United/England) €18 million
- Federico Chiesa (Fiorentina/Italy) €17 million
- Ismaila Sarr (Stade Rennes/Senegal) €13 million
- PANAGIOTIS RETSOS (BAYER LEVERKUSEN/GREECE) €12 million
- Dayot Upamecano (RB Leipzig/France) €12 million
- Ryan Sessegnon (Fulham/England) €8 million
- Alban Lafont (Toulouse/France) €8 million