Vote Giannis Antetokounmpo for the 2018 NBA All-star Game
Voting for the 2018 NBA All-star game is under way and AGONAsport.com explains how you can cast your vote for the “Greek Freak” Giannis Antetokounmpo.
The voting process for the 2018 NBA All-Star game began on December 21st and will be open for fans until January 15th. Until Christmas, fans must cast their vote on NBA.com or via the NBA App and starting on December 25th, fans will be able to cast their votes via social media (Facebook, Twitter - See more below). One of the favorites to be an NBA All-star for a second consecutive season is the Greek Freak, Giannis Antetokounmpo. The Milwaukee Bucks star has had another great season and with your help, you can send him to Los Angeles in February.
For the second consecutive year, NBA players and basketball media will join fans in selecting the All-Star Game starters. Fans will account for 50 percent of the vote, while all current players and a media panel will account for 25 percent each.
New for this season, five “2-for-1 Days” will allow fans to have their votes count twice on Dec. 31, Jan. 4, Jan. 11, Jan. 12 and Jan. 15 when voting through the NBA App and NBA.com. All “2-for-1 Days” will be designated 12 a.m. – 11:59 p.m. ET.
Under a new All-Star Game format that replaces the traditional matchup between the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference, the team rosters will be chosen by two captains from the pool of players voted as starters and reserves. The captains, who will select the teams before TNT televises the results, will be the All-Star starter from each conference who receives the most fan votes in his conference.
The 67th NBA All-Star game will take place on Sunday, February 18th in Los Angeles.
How to vote:
* NBA.com voting page at NBA.com/vote: Fill out one full ballot per day (per day is defined as once every 24 hours) on NBA.com/vote from a desktop or mobile browser. Fans can select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
* NBA App: Access the ballot and vote through the app, which is available on Android and iOS. Fans can fill out one full ballot per day, and select up to two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference when choosing starters. During the five “2-for-1 Days,” votes through this channel will be counted twice.
* Facebook: Post the player’s first and last name (ex. Giannis Antetokounmpo) along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE on your personal Facebook account. Each post may include only one player’s name. Fans may post votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
* Twitter: Tweet, retweet or reply with an NBA player’s first and last name (ex. Giannis Antetokounmpo) or Twitter handle, along with the hashtag #NBAVOTE. Each tweet may include only one player’s name or handle. Fans may vote for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
* Google Search: Search “NBA Vote All-Star” or “NBA Vote Team Name” (i.e., NBA Vote Warriors) and use respective voting cards to select teams and then players. Fans may submit votes for 10 unique players per day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.
* Amazon Alexa: To vote via Amazon Alexa, the user must have an Alexa-enabled device, and enable the “NBA All-Star” skill. To submit a vote, the user can open the skill with, “Alexa, open NBA All-Star,” and then request to vote for his or her player of choice. Voters can submit a maximum of one player name per request to Alexa. Users can submit votes for 10 unique players per Amazon account each day from Dec. 25 – Jan. 15.