-- EUROPEAN PLAYOFFS -
LEG 1: 9-Nov-17
|Croatia||4 - 1||Greece|
|Modric (P) 13'
LEG 2: 12-Nov-17
|Greece||0 - 0||Croatia|
-- group h FINAL standings --
- Qualify for FIFA World Cup 2018
- Advance to Playoff Qualifer (Guranteed)
GF: Goals Forced; GA: Goals Against; GD: Goal Difference
(Q): Clinched Qualification; (Y): Clinched 2nd;
-- group h fixtures & results --
|Date||Home Team||Score||Away Team|
|6-Sep-16||Bosnia & Herz.||5 - 0||Estonia|
|6-Sep-16||Cyprus||0 - 3||Belgium|
|6-Sep-16||Gibraltar||1 - 4||Greece|
|7-Oct-16||Greece||2 - 0||Cyprus|
|7-Oct-16||Belgium||4 - 0||Bosnia & Herz.|
|7-Oct-16||Estonia||4 - 0||Gibraltar|
|10-Oct-16||Bosnia & Herz.||0 - 2||Cyprus|
|10-Oct-16||Estonia||0 - 2||Greece|
|10-Oct-16||Gibraltar||0 - 6||Belgium|
|13-Nov-16||Greece||1 - 1||Bosnia & Herz.|
|13-Nov-16||Belgium||8 - 1||Estonia|
|13-Nov-16||Cyprus||3 - 1||Gibraltar|
|25-Mar-17||Cyprus||0 - 0||Estonia|
|25-Mar-17||Belgium||1 - 1||Greece|
|25-Mar-17||Bosnia & Herz.||5 - 0||Gibraltar|
|9-Jun-17||Bosnia & Herz.||0 - 0||Greece|
|9-Jun-17||Estonia||0 - 2||Belgium|
|9-Jun-17||Gibraltar||1 - 2||Cyprus|
|31-Aug-17||Greece||0 - 0||Estonia|
|31-Aug-17||Cyprus||3 - 2||Bosnia & Herz.|
|31-Aug-17||Belgium||9 - 0||Gibraltar|
|3-Sep-17||Estonia||1 - 0||Cyprus|
|3-Sep-17||Greece||1 - 2||Belgium|
|3-Sep-17||Gibraltar||0 - 4||Bosnia & Herz.|
|7-Oct-17||Bosnia & Herz.||3 - 4||Belgium|
|7-Oct-17||Cyprus||1 - 2||Greece|
|7-Oct-17||Gibraltar||0 - 6||Estonia|
|10-Oct-17||Estonia||1 - 2||Bosnia & Herz.|
|10-Oct-17||Belgium||4 - 0||Cyprus|
|10-Oct-17||Greece||4 - 0||Gibraltar|
-- world cup qualifying: uefa --
FIFA world cup qualifying format: uefa
UEFA’s FIFA World Cup 2018 Qualifying will take place from September 2016 to November 2017 and includes 54 teams. Qualifying is separated by continental confederation with UEFA having 54 national teams and earning 13 representatives at the World Cup Finals (not including hosts, Russia). The 52* countries were drawn, based on seeding, into 7 groups of 6 teams and two groups of five teams. Greece was drawn into Group H as the third seed along with Belgium (1st Seed), Bosnia-Herzegovina (2nd Seed), Estonia (4th seed), and Cyprus (5th seed). Gibraltar was later added to Group H and hold the 6th seed in the group*. Each team in the group plays the other twice, home and away. After the conclusion of the fixtures the 9 group winners qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup. The eight best runner ups play in a two legged playoff, home and away, for the remaining 4 European spots.
*Gibraltar and Kosovo became members of FIFA in May 2016. They were added to FIFA World Cup qualifying, after the draw took place, and where placed in Groups H and I, respectively.
STANDINGS & Tie Breakers
The standings are calculated based off a points system used across the soccer world. Three points are awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss. If two or more teams are equal on points, the following criteria are applied (for all confederations group stages) to determine the rankings:
- Superior goal difference from ALL group matches played among the teams in question (i.e overall goal difference).
- Higher number of goals scored from ALL group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. overall goals forced).
- Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head results).
- Superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head goal difference).
- Higher number of goals scored in the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head goals scored).
- Higher number of goals scored away from home in the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head away goals). *Only applied if two teams are tied*
- Single playoff match at a neutral site with extra time and penalties if necessary.