greece u-17 national soccer team
Competition: Euro 2018 Qualifying
Latest Result: v Norway 1-0 (W)
Coach: Vasilis Georgopoulos
-- U17 euro 2018 qualifying --
qualifying round: group 5
GA: Goals Against; GD: Goal Difference
Q: Qualified; E: Eliminated;
- Advance to Elite Qualifying Round
- Possibly Advance to Elite Qualifying Round as 3rd Place
fixtures & results
|Date||Team 1||Time||Team 2|
|18-Oct-17||Norway||0 - 1||Greece|
|18-Oct-17||Serbia||7 - 0||Gibraltar|
*Host Nation: Serbia
-- u17 euro 2018 qualifying format --
UEFA U-17 Euro Qualifying is carried out in two stages; the Qualifying round and the Elite Qualifying Round. Both rounds consists of a one-venue mini tournament where each team plays the other once.
qualifying round format
The Qualifying round consists of 52 teams separated into 13 groups of 4 teams each. The top two teams from each group progress to the Elite Qualifying round, along with the 4 third placed teams with the best record against the top two teams in their group. Three points are awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
ELITE QUALIFYING ROUND FORMAT
The Elite Qualifying Round consists of the 30 qualified teams from the Qualifying Round, plus the two top seeds (received a bye in the first round), and are separated into 8 groups of 4 teams. The top team from each group alongside the 7 runner ups with the best record against the 1st and 3rd placed teams from each group qualify and join the hosts (Engalnd) for the UEFA U-17 Euro 2018 Finals. Three points are awarded for a win, 1 point for a draw, and 0 points for a loss.
If two or more teams are equal on points, the following criteria are applied to determine the rankings:
- Higher number of points obtained in the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head results).
- Superior goal difference from the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head goal difference)
- Higher number of goals scored from the group matches played among the teams in question (i.e. head to head goals scored)
- Superior goal difference from ALL group matches played among the teams in question
- Higher number of goals scored from ALL group matches played among the teams in question
- Lower disciplinary points from ALL group matches played among the teams in question
- Drawing of Lots