Giannis in pole position for Eastern Conference ASG voting
Early returns from voting for the 2019 NBA All-Star Game have Giannis Antetokounmpo in pole position among players from the Eastern Conference…
The NBA has revealed that Giannis Antetokounmpo is the leading vote-getter from the Eastern Conference for next month’s NBA All-Star game in Charlotte.
According to results released by the league, Antetokounmpo has amassed a total of 991,561 votes – just over 81,000 votes more than second-placed Kyrie Irving.
LeBron James, who was the only player to beat out Antetokounmpo in last season’s voting, leads all players thus far with 1,083,363 votes as the Los Angeles Lakers star leads the way for the Western Conference.
Voting, which opened on Christmas Day and runs through to 21 January, was shifted away from social media this year after it was revealed that several votes for Antetokounmpo and other players were not counted.
The leading vote getter from each conference will be named a captain for the All-Star Game, making them responsible for selecting their respective teams for the showdown in Charlotte on 17 February.
NBA ALL-STAR VOTING 2018/2019
1. Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL), 991,561 votes
2. Kawhi Leonard (TOR), 774,172 votes
3. Joel Embiid (PHI), 648,002 votes
4. Jimmy Butler (PHI), 222,206 votes
5. Jayson Tatum (BOS), 214,622 votes
6. Blake Griffin (DET), 192,694 votes
7. Vince Carter (ATL) , 76,022 votes
8. Andre Drummond (DET), 68,204 votes
9. Gordon Hayward (BOS), 66,492 votes
10. Al Horford (BOS), 62,288 votes
1. Kyrie Irving (BOS), 910,329 votes
2. Dwyane Wade (MIA), 409,156 votes
3. Kemba Walker (CHA), 319,519 votes
4. Ben Simmons (PHI), 259,993 votes
5. Victor Oladipo (IND), 198,009 votes
6. Kyle Lowry (TOR), 180,571 votes
7. Zach LaVine (CHI), 128,605 votes
8. Jeremy Lin (ATL), 62,573 votes
9. Bradley Beal (WAS), 61,269 votes
10. John Wall (WAS), 54,366 votes
1. LeBron James (LAL), 1,083,363 votes
2. Luka Dončić (DAL), 679,839 votes
3. Kevin Durant (GSW), 659,968 votes
4. Anthony Davis (NOP), 605,417 votes
5. Paul George (OKC), 580,055 votes
6. Steven Adams (OKC), 261,327 votes
7. Nikola Jokić (DEN), 235,272 votes
8. Kyle Kuzma (LAL), 195,477 votes
9. Draymond Green (GSW), 138,017 votes
10. DeMarcus Cousins (GSW), 92,977 votes
1. Stephen Curry (GSW), 793,111 votes
2. Derrick Rose (MIN), 698,086 votes
3. James Harden (HOU), 541,606 votes
4. Russell Westbrook (OKC), 459,792 votes
5. Klay Thompson (GSW), 247,618 votes
6. Damian Lillard (POR), 200,609 votes
7. DeMar DeRozan (SAS), 197,524 votes
8. Lonzo Ball (LAL), 175,040 votes
9. Devin Booker (PHO), 111,897 votes
10. Chris Paul (HOU), 101,104 votes
Bucks fans can vote Antetokounmpo and the rest of the Bucks starting lineup into this season’s All-Star Game by visiting www.bucks.com/allstar.