PAOK’s impressive league record one of the best in Europe
PAOK have begun their league campaign in sensational form and remain heavy favourites to win their first league title in 34 years. AGONAsport takes a closer look at how PAOK’s league record stacks up in comparison to other European championships.
PAOK are the heavy favourites to claim the Greek Super League championship this season as the campaign has hit the halfway mark. Their most recent performance came over the weekend against Asteras Tripolis where they convincingly won 0:3, consolidating their place on top of the table with a total of 14 wins and one draw after 15 matches. The Thessalonikis sit in first place with 43 points (started the season with -2), eight ahead of runner-ups Olympiacos.
PAOK’s incredible run of wins have seen the club reach an impressive milestone housing the second-best winning record in all of Europe’s domestic leagues with a 93% winning percentage. PAOK are are ahead of a long list of European giants such as Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain, and Liverpool while PSV Eindhoven in Holland have the highest winning percentage with 94%.
Best 9 clubs winning percentage in each European League for the 2018/19 season:
1. PSV Eindhoven: 94% (16 wins from 17 games)
2. PAOK 93% (14 wins from 15 games)
3. Juventus 90% (17 wins from 19 games)
4. Paris Saint-Germain: 89% (16 wins from 18 games)
5. Young Boys: 89% (16 wins from 18 games)
6. Ajax: 88% (15 wins from 17 games)
7. Porto: 88% (14 wins from 17 games)
8. Salzburg: 83% (15 wins from 18 games)
9. Liverpool: 82% (18 wins from 22 games)